Signs You May Be Dealing With A Bed Bug Infestation In Portsmouth
Bed bug infestations may start small and unnoticeable, but this pest can quickly take over your home and cause significant damage. Learning how to get rid of bed bugs depends on understanding signs that this pest has moved in and implementing professional bed bug control tactics.
The Lifecycle Of The Portsmouth Bed Bug
There are three stages in a bed bug’s lifecycle, and when a bed bug infestation begins in your home, you will likely encounter all three of these stages. Bed bugs start as eggs and stay incredibly tiny before hatching into nymphs. These nymphs are equally tiny and almost translucent in color; they will go through several phases in which they grow and darken in color until they become dark brownish adult bed bugs. The entire bed bug life cycle takes about five to seven weeks from the egg until full maturity, and adult bed bugs can live up to a year in an area with steady feeding sources.
To eliminate bed bugs in your home, you should be relying on pest control in Portsmouth to help you remove every life stage of bed bug that may be hiding out.
How Can I Tell If I Have A Bed Bug Infestation?
As bed bugs move into your home, you may notice several signs that this pest is starting to take over. It is vital to keep a lookout for these signs so you can implement bed bug control techniques for your home as soon as possible.
- You may see reddish-brown staining on beds, sheets, mattresses, furniture, and walls.
- A musty, unpleasant odor appears around your home, especially in areas that bed bugs frequent.
- Individuals in your home may start to have bed bug bites appear that are itchy, red, and in a zig-zag pattern.
- You may see bed bugs hiding along seams of furniture, in the cracks of walls and floors, or the corners of beds.
Infestations of bed bugs can be very stressful and difficult to eradicate without the help of professionals- call for our experts at Ohio Control.
Five Tips For Bed Bug Prevention
In addition to pest control to kill bed bugs, you can place the following five tips to ensure bed bugs stay out of your home.
- When traveling, elevate your luggage when staying in accommodations to stop bed bugs from crawling in overnight.
Ensure that areas you are staying in are bed bug free by checking around beds, along furniture seams, and in gaps in flooring or wallpaper for hidden bed bugs.
- Suppose you see signs of reddish staining on walls, carpets, furniture, or fabrics in any area. In that case, you shouldn’t be sitting, working, or sleeping there – immediately leave and wash all fabrics in hot water to kill potential hitchhikers.
- When purchasing second-hand furniture, leave it outside on a white sheet overnight. Check in the morning for bed bug bodies and signs of staining; if present, don’t use the item.
- You may also check second-hand items with gloved hands and a flashlight for signs of staining or hidden bed bugs.
- Bed bugs can hitchhike in on any item or person they can catch a ride on. Remember to
safeguard yourself and your home.
How To Keep Bed Bugs Away From Your Home
To keep bed bugs away from your home, you should invest in Portsmouth's bed bug control services. Our professionals at Ohio Pest Control provide the most effective and reliable local pest control for bed bugs for any infestation so you can reclaim your home from this nightmare pest.